Legal stuff

01. insurance

It is your responsibility to check that your home insurance is up-to-date and that it covers me staying in your home as a housesitter. I ensure that my travel insurance is up-to-date if the house-sit is located outside of the UK.

02. housesitter and homeowner agreement

Before the house-sit, I will ask you to sign and return a housesitter/homeowner agreement, either at our preliminary meet and greet, or via email. I will require you to provide emergency contacts and detailed pet care instructions, to make sure that everything goes smoothly!

03.payment for housesitting services

Once the dates and details have been agreed, I will send you an email confirmation and an invoice.

50% of the total amount is payable upfront, and 50% on completion of the housesit. This is for my peace of mind as well as yours.

Payment can be made by cheque, bank transfer, Transferwise, or Paypal, and these details will be included on my invoice.

04.proof oF address and id checks

As well as providing you with a copy of my DBS check and photo ID, I will in turn ask you for proof of address and a copy of your photo ID. This protects both of us in this exchange!